Department of Tamil
Language is an important tool for teaching and learning. Mother tongue has its own weightuge in the Curriculum. Students focus upon equity education based on variety and characteristics of Tamil language & Literature.
Kamban Tamil Resource Center - Laboratory
There is a well equipped Tamil Language Laboratory in the Department. In order to cater to the needs of the individual differences among students, hands on training and experiences is given to the students to understand the Tamil language concept. Gone are the days when Tamil was treated a purely understandable subject to be discussed.
- Life oriented materials for successful future life is being kept in our Resource Centre.
- The respective skills LSRW have been practiced in our Centre.
- Working Models, Dummy Models, Charts etc… are arranged systematically in the Kampan Resource Centre.
The Club promotes the Students their Oratorical Capacity preparing note in and other thought provoking activities.
Club activities are conducted every year based upon
- Group Discussion
- Cultural Programs
- On 7th Sep 2012 our college Inaugurated Arts Club activities of , Tamil, English, Economics, Commerce, & History .Key Address was given by Mr.K. Manikandan – Assistant Professor, Dr.NGP Arts and Science College.
- On 21st December 2011 Extension Service Department conducted one day training programme on " EQUIP YOUR SELF IN LANGUAGE " .Mr.Subramanian was the Resource Person and trained the participants.
- Quiz Programme on Tamil language and Tamil cultural aspects 2010-2011
- One day workshop on remedial Learning and Teaching in Tamil by our Extension Service Department on 27.08.2011
- Kinnas record t students on Tamil poem reading at karpagam university on 11.12.2011
- 'KAMBAN VIZHA' disclosure By students on balakandan charactors 31.12.2011
- Barathiyar vizha-patti mandram on 10.12.2010
- 2010-2011 – Mrs.S. Nirmala Awarded Ist rank in Optional II and College IVth rank
- 2009-2010 – Mr.M. Kannadasan Scored 789/1000
- 2007-2008 – Mr.S. Kumarasamy Scored 1257/1500
- 2007-2008 – Mr.A. Senthil Kumar Scored 1330/1500 and Awarded Ist Rank Holder Gold Medalist
- 2006-2007 – Mrs.C. Sukanthi Scored 1523/2000
- 2005-2006 – Mr.M. Abdul Rasak Scored 1542/2000
- 2005-2006 – Mr.M. Balasubramanian Scored 1559/2000
- 2005-2006 – Ms.D. Arunadevi Scored 1613/2000
- 2005-2006 – Mrs.S. Sangeetha Scored 1457/2000
- 2005-2006 – Mr.R. Arivazhahan Scored 1447/2000