Department of Commerce
Commerce offers foundation for many professional careers like Finance, Planning, Accountancy, Tax Practitioners, Banking and Broking etc, besides academics, research, and many more. Persons having flair for accounting, finance, commodities, marketing and trading etc. generally choose Commerce as first career choice.
As a stream of study, Commerce can be studied right after 10 years of schooling. After the 10 years of schooling – commerce is available as an option in 10+2 or the Higher Secondary level. This paves the way for higher studies in commerce related subjects.
The undergraduate and postgraduate Education in Commerce is offered at University departments and colleges spread all across the country. Specializations are offered at post graduate and at research levels.
Commerce education is that area of education which develops the required knowledge, skills and attitudes for the successful handling of trade, commerce and industry.
C.K.Prahalad Resource Centre - Laboratory
There is a well equipped commerce laboratory the lab is provided with LCD projecter, departmental library you teaching models prepared by our students
The seating arrangements help the student teachers to have group discussion, seminar and other activities
Objectives of the resource centre
- To provide practical exposure of the process, procedure and practices followed by the organizations in conducting Commercial practices/ Businesses and expose the students with all forms/formats/formalities
- To provide practical orientation to students while teaching the subjects according to the syllabus by linking it with the lab Practical
- To create more interest among the students in the commerce subject.
- To make the students aware of availability and applicability of commerce lab documents/items for their day to day routine purposes
- To prepare the students to fulfill the requirements of stakeholders
Commerce Club activities support the Student-Teachers in getting practical Exposure.
Club activities are conducted every year based upon
- Group Discussion
- Cultural Programs
- On 7th Sep 2012 our college Inaugurated Arts Club activities of , Tamil, English, Economics, Commerce, & History .Key Address was given by Dr.S.Saravanan – HOD, Dr.NGP Arts and Science College.
- 2006-2007-Dhanya Jose Awarded University VII Rank
- 2007-2008-Jeyanthi P Awarded University VII Rank and Awarded I Rank in Environmental Education
- 2007-2008-Kavithamani B L Awarded I Rank in Commerce and Accountancy Paper II
- 2008-2009-Vanathi J Awarded I Rank in Commerce and Accountancy Paper I
- 2008-2009-Megala N Awarded I Rank in Commerce and Accountancy Paper II
- 2009-2010-Kavitha S and S Priya Awarded I Rank in Commerce and Accountancy Paper I
- 2009-2010-Kavithamani R Awarded I Rank in Commerce and Accountancy Paper II
- 2010-2011-Vinupriya D Awarded I Rank in Commerce and Accountancy Paper I
- 2010-2011-Sugunadevi A Awarded I Rank in Commerce and Accountancy Paper II