Department of Physical Education
The department of Physical Education located near the hostel premises. The department has infrastructures for the indoor games as table tennis, carom, chess and outdoor games as volley ball, Football, throw ball, tennikoit, shuttle, kabaddi, kho-kho, and cricket. The department is headed by one Physical Director. Activities are carried out through out the year from 6.30am to 6.30pm. The following are the facilities available in the department of Physical Education
We have sufficient facilities in our campus for both field events and indoor games for the students to practice and to conduct the Intramural Sports.
We have a Gym attached to the department in which a number of single and multi stationed machines and other weight training accessories are available to provide opportunity for the students to train themselves to keep their body fit. Apart from these Gym equipments, two parallel bars, a Pull-ups bar, Climbing rope and Roman ring are installed for the students to develop their physique.
- Games Hall has the provision for Table Tennis, Chess and Carom. The Physical Director's office and a store room also exist in this hall.
- Players Convenience adds sufficient facilities for toilet, bathing, dressing for boys and girls are available in the Department of Physical Education premises.
Since our institution has 100 number of students and they utilize facilities effectively.
Events and Tournaments
Compulsory Physical Education classes for the B.Ed students of our college are regular feature. In this class the students are being taught about the basic Health Education, various types of conditioning exercises to develop their physical fitness and games according to their proficiency and taste. We follow a strict uniform code for the Physical Education classes. In order to provide an opportunity to exhibit their talents we organize the Intramural tournaments for the B.Ed students.
- Ms. K.Mala department of English participated in south India level power lifting championship held at Coimbatore on 27th -29th of September 2011 and secured second position.
- Ms. K.Mala department of English participated in national level power lifting held at Jamshedpur on 13th -16th of October 2011 and secured fourth position.
- Ms. K.Mala department of English participated in Asian power lifting championship 2011 at Kobe city Japan on 5th -9th December 2011 and secured second position.