Department of Computer Science
Computer Science Education aims to publish high-quality teachers within the computing started in the year 2006. The classes are conducted with the LCD Projectors.
The student teachers of Computer science department acquires the knowledge of
- ICT in Education
- The importance of ICT in Education
- The necessity of ICT in Education
- The stages of teaching and learning with and through ICT.
- The various approaches to curriculum development through ICT
- The traditional view of the teaching – learning process
- The changes in view of teaching – learning process
- The implication of ICT in teaching – learning process
Steve Jobs (Apple) Resource Centre - Laboratory
- integrate technology in to classroom teaching learning strategies.
- acquire knowledge of computers, its accessories and software.
- understand features of MS Office and their operations
- acquire skill in accessing world wide web and Internet and global accessing of information.
- acquire knowledge on preparing and using Computer Assisted Instruction programmes.
- acquire the knowledge relating to the organization and administration of computer Laboratory
- acquire knowledge on latest trends in Information Technology and assessment techniques.
IT CLUB is a Technical Association run by and for the students of Department of Computer Science Education. IT Club organizes for the students of the non computer science department in our college, who lack knowledge in the basic computer skills with course material. At the end of the course all the students of our college are well equipped with basic skills on computer science.
E-PRIMER - Training Non computer students through computer students about the basic computer operation and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
SMS & MAIL - Communicating to all the students about the college activities and staff
MOODLE - Online teaching and learning management system
- On 24th Jan 2012 E-Primer Programme was arranged for the non computer students. a training on basics in computer like, MS Word, Excell, Power Point, etc were taught to the students and practical sessions were also given to the students
- 2011-2012 - S.L.Kiruthiga Topper in Guidence and Counselling
- 2011-2012 - V.Saranya Topper in Computer in Education
- 2011-2012 - S.RamaPriya Topper in Peace and Value Education
- 2011-2012 - S.Hemalatha Topper in Computer Science Paper I
- 2011-2012 - T.Kalaivani Topper in General in Tamil
- 2010-2011 - G.HEMALATHA subject topper in Education in the Emerging Indian Society
- 2010-2011 - T.RAMALAKSHMI subject topper in EDUCATIONAL INNVOCATIONAL & MANAGEMENT
- 2010-2011 - S.SUMATHI subject topper in COMPUTER SCIENCE PAPER -I,OPTIONAL-I
- 2010-2011 - K.LATHA subject topper in TAMIL TEACHING OPTION-II
- 2010-2011 - E.SAHANA subject topper in Human Rights Education
- 2009-2010 - T.KARTHIKEYANI subject topper in Computer science Paper I
- 2009-2010 - N.NAGARANGEETHA subject topper in Computer science Paper II
- 2009-2010 - R.KOWSIKA subject topper in PEACE & VALUE EDUCATION -ELECTIVE
- 2008-2009 - C.KARHICK KUMAR subject topper in Computer science Paper III
- 2008-2009 - C.KARHICK KUMAR subject topper in Computer science Optional I & II
- 2007-2008 - A.VIJAYA subject topper in Computer science Paper I
- 2007-2008 - A.VIJAYA subject topper in Computer in Education Paper I
- 2006-2007 - S.Latha subject topper in Computer science Paper I & II
- 2007-2008 - P.MALATHI subject topper in Computer science Paper I & II